This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

WWE Raw!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by midg23, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

Monday nights raw is the same.

2. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

Wrestlemania scheduled to take place @ the WWE PC now with no audience.

That will be strange.

There was a mention on a podcast that some sort of show will take over for Wrestlemania and they will push it back to the summer in Madison Square Garden.

3. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

They've mentioned now that Rob Gronkowski will host it and it's taking part over 2 days on the Saturday and Sunday like NJPW Wrestlekingdom do.

4. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Cheers for that Ron. Will sign up to it the night of the Hall of fame and watch both nights of the not quite Wrestlemania on Crickets buck.

Seen on one of the wrestling news sites earlier that WWE have released an "I WASNT there" t-shirt to commemorate Wrestlemania this year. Always a way to make money.

5. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

How does anyone think Wrestlemania will go? Read somewhere it’s not going to be live.

It might be quite interesting as they can edit the content etc. I wonder will we see a lot more backstage/locker room content.

6. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Going out over 2 nights now, to keep the locker room and backstage numbers smaller being the claim. The fact that it still hasnt been announced if its a one price for 2 nights or each night is a separate ppv is worrisome. Also no confirmation of what matches are on which night.
    See Vince is talking to ESPN about a deal for the ppvs in the states - supposedly looking for a payday similar to UFC. No harm looking I suppose, but rather difficult to see how ESPN would view WWE and UFC on a par

7. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Has this a possibility of going ahead because they only pretend to hit each other? Surely they'd still be encroaching on the social distancing guidelines even though it's all pantomime

8. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

Pretend to hit each other !??

9. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Do they not stamp their foot on the ground when they throw a punch to create a sound effect?

10. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

Tes. Theres no doubt that is a technique that is used.
    But some moves and blows are very stiff.
    As in full blown contact.

11. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

They’ve unlocked loads of content on the network apparently. I subscribe anyways but I think it’s a great way of drumming interest in it.

Only bad thing about the network is raw or Smackdown aren’t on it for a month after.

12. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Yeah theyre being very clever with the network. The last few Raw/Smackdown/NXT have basically had some live interviews, and then matches from the recent past. Showed the entirety of the Royal Rumble on Raw last week and last night had matches from 2018's Wrestlemania with the little reminder that all this content is on the WWE network. With restrictions on movement looking far more likely on a global scale (everyday movement I mean) people are going to turn to Netflix, Amazon and now Disney to fill the extra hours that our normal programming on tv cant fill. You can be sure the WWE wants their piece of that pie.

13. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Starting to drop like flies from the Wrestlemania card (which incidently I read is being taped Wed and Thurs to be shown on the weekend)

Dana Brooke and Rey Mysterio both in isolation
    Roman Reigns has reportedly nixed himself from the Goldberg main event due to worries about his imunocompromised from his Leukemia treatment (cant say as I blame him there!)
    Andrade injured.

I'd say Vince has the rest of them locked in little cubicles till he can get them in front of a camera

14. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

The Miz is out too. He should have just scrapped it and gone ahead in June or July. He’s not going to make any more from it and it’s not going to be the same. Madness by the old man.

15. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

Potentially the worst Mania of all time.

The only saving grace could be that they do it like a film and can reshoot and edit a lot of the footage.

Read recent that Undertaker was going to go back to his American badass/big evil character but has been scrapped due to the situation.

16. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

Anyone see last night?

17. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Saw the reports, no huge surprises I thought

18. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

i was flicking through the sports channels yesterday and came across wrestling on bt sport, couldn't believe it was still going ahead and then when I heard wrestlemania was on this weekend I was shocked.
    it looked and sounded absolutely shite by the way

Stevie S likes this.
  19. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Just finished part one there. I won’t say too much in case anyone hasn’t seen it yet. Alls I’ll say Is the last match was weird and fun.