This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

WWE Raw!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by midg23, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

MITB was interesting . Short as well which was nice .

2. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

The Undertaker/Mark Callaway documentary started last night too. Been looking forward to seeing it since I heard about it. He allowed the cameras to follow him around for basically 3 years and as well as highlights and the story of his career from a WWE standpoint, he speaks "out of character" through most of it and we get to see the man behind the legend. Its a 4 parter as far as I know, part one available on the network and the usual other sites.

3. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

It’s getting excellent reviews . I’ll wait till it all up on the network and binge watch it in one go. I prefer that instead of having to wait a week for the next episode.

4. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I know what you mean, but since its an hour per episode I'll watch it at snails pace. If its as good as the reviews are saying, a binge watch when all episodes are out is probably on the cards regardless

5. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

Undertaker documentary has been brilliant so far. He’s really is the GOAT.

You get the feeling he’s addicted to it and can’t walk away.

I’d love to see him have one last run as The American badass. 1 or 2 more documentaries & I think he’s contracted for a couple of the Saudi shows.

It would also be cool to see him lead a ministry again when he finishes & give some of the younger guys a push in that type of faction.

6. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

Or some sort of faction that he can lead to give some guys a push. He’s always wanted to help get guys over so that could be his parting gift to the industry.

Does anyone watch much of New Japan?

7. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

8. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

See the whole "Thunderdome" idea hit a few hiccups for WWE.
    For those unfamiliar - theyve basically surrounded the arena with (they claim) 3000 LED monitors, which fans can live stream their "presence" to for the live events.
    Seemed like a good idea right?
    Until some dope dressed up in KKK gear for his stream, and was in the "front row"
    Another guy had a cardboard cutout of Chris Benoit in attendance (again for the unfamiliar - Benoit is about as persona non grata as it gets in WWE or anywhere for that matter after the double murder and suicide of his family)
    Another monitor seems to show a beheading - staged or not is unclear
    And Super Mario - why exactly he is offensive I dont know, but hes mentioned too.

Bet as we speak they have the IT dept, cutting together "3000" loops to play on each monitor next week because after the "press" these muppets got theres sure as shit going to be wanna be media whores on every screen next week doing GOD knows what, but you can be sure the majority of it wont be either PC or PG13

9. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I seen one at Summerslam on Sunday saying Baley is going to be raped “ didn’t say by who. But I was kinda shocked it was shown on the screen.

I actually seen the Klu Klux Clan one live and was thinking what the hell is going on there.

It’s a great idea, and it’s better than looking at a empty stadium, but there is a few hiccups and also the crowd reactions are behind the the live actions by a few minutes.

10. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

I thought SummerSlam was brilliant.

Best PPV in the last while

11. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

RIP Road Warrior Animal dead at 60.

He and Hawk were my introduction to wrestling really. Back ahem a few years ago when I was in ANCO in waterford staying in digs, used to arrive down late Sunday night and in the wee hours AWA was on Supersport (maybe Screensport?) and you got to watch them knock the holy bejesus out of two unfortunates.
    Gordon Solie was the commentator and always remember his pronunciation of the word suplex - for some reason he always Frenched it up and it became "Sooplaaa"

12. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

Interesting to see how Taker signs off tonight at Suviver Series.
    It theres no crowd for him

13. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

He is done a second session with Stone Cold on the broken skull podcasts too so that should be good.

The Network had a show up called “The Mortician “ about Paul Bearer. It’s about a hour long but it’s bloody brilliant if you haven’t seen it.

Joedared likes this.
  14. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

I've watched "The last ride" all week on BT. Was very good

thenewguy likes this.
  15. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

Takers bow out was very disappointing.
    They had weeks to make it something special.
    Bret and Co co could have been there as they were when he made his appearance. Gold dust and Nattie could have represented their fathers. Pritichards could have done brother love again.
    They could have made it a feature of the whole night.
    Not just 20 mins at the end.
    They could have referenced the Ministry and the American bad ass. On the bike.
    Million Dollar man could have introduced him .... as he did 30 years ago.

So disappointing. Not really a celebration. More of a thank you. Well done

16. thenewguy

thenewguy
    Expand Collapse

for the wrestling fans on here the what culture wrestling videos on youtube i think are very good.

some of you probably already watch them

17. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I see Sting has just AEW. His appearance needed fans for the proper pop I think.

thenewguy likes this.
  18. thenewguy

thenewguy
    Expand Collapse

still, seeing him arrive was a million miles better than not at all. I was watching aew out of habit for a while, the last few weeks i knew it was getting better, no way i'll miss it for what sting has to say next week

19. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

There is a new Golderg documentary on the WWE network from next week. It’s all about his winning streak

20. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

See Tiny "Zeus" Lister passed away yesterday. He was the bad guy in one of Hulk Hogans films and since he was 6ft 11 or thereabouts - Vince brought him into the WWF (at the time) to feud "in real life" with the Hulkster. He was reportedly showing signs of covid the past few days and was found unconscious at home.

Saw a link on Wrestling Inc that "Dark side of the ring" series has been renewed for a 3rd season.
    Excellent episodes in the first 2 seasons about the (obviously) dark underbelly of wrestling.
    Dino Bravos murder - Jimmy Snuka's murder case - Benoit of course - the Von Erichs - Bruiser Brody and 30 plus more
    Being a wrestling fan helps of course but some of them are worth a watch as stand alones.

All/most available on Zoogle with a quick search and torrent - NOT that I or anyone affiliated with Irish Kop condones the illegal grabbing of 3rd parties intellectual property.