This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

GAA 2019

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dk.lfc, Jan 25, 2019.

1. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I actually think they just saw who it was and left him off, all of the markers up the field just ignored him as he bore down on goal to protect the danger men. It end as a contest until Kerry's shooting let them down but it's an awful way to start a half.

2. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

For Kerry to win I think they needed to have a decent lead when the clock hit 60 minutes. Dublin finished stronger with 14 men two weeks ago,the chances of them not doing it yesterday with 15 was imo zero.Competing with Dublins quality is obviously incredibly difficult,but my limited understanding of the game tells me it's impossible if you can't compete with their intensity and physicality, and Kerry's attempt at it is why their composure and shooting went to shit. A lot of tired looking plays from their lads as the game wore on.

3. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Have to watch the game back but I thought the ref rode the life out of the dubs in the first half, 3 times they should've had frees and Kerry went down the other end and scored 3 points. They go Dublin's way and they win by a cricket score.

4. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Stonewall back card for Dubs in first half that he bottled although think it was on advice of umpire. Was a certain strike at goal.

5. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Black card shmack card, just bring another goat on. ;)
    Brian Fenton still unbeaten, remarkable, what a player, move over Brian mullins.
    The unbearable5.

6. twixfix

twixfix
    Expand Collapse

Has to be intention drag to the ground or a trip for it be a black card. A yellow maybe but 100% not a black card.

7. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

He basically noted the wrong player. It was Con O'C who deliberately tugged Kerry player but fitzsimons went in the note book. Shocking that it happened in front of umpires and ref wasn't corrected

First half was punch for punch. Fascinating to watch and the level of accuracy was unreal. After the goal and couple of points Kerry were spent and were never in a position to claw it back from a team that just had too much for them across the park. There's a Sam in this Kerry team very soon though.

On the Dubs, there's no words really to describe other than pride.

8. diceyreilly

diceyreilly
    Expand Collapse

Must be the 1st time ever any game never mind a final that there was no score from a free from the winning team.

None in the wimmens yet either.

Only 3 scores with 23 left to play. Poor enough. 56k at it.

9. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Conditions are horrendous for a sport where possession of the ball right up to scoring area's is key in fairness.

Fantastic attendance. Would have went in myself but like broken lego here.

10. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Coujd have sworn Dean Rock hit a long one right near the end.

But the scoring on the day was sublime, Kilkenny, Mannion and O'Callaghan were unbelievable.

Clifford for Kerry is a machine too in fairness, if he stays in the country they've a mad to build their team around for years to come.

11. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Intention to drag to the ground? How is a ref supposed to interpret whether the player fouling somebody in order to deny a scoring opportunity is trying to put the attacker on the ground or not?

12. sligo fan

sligo fan
    Expand Collapse

That was a 45.

13. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

My bad, you're right. Connolly should have passed or scored.

That being said he hit a pass on the 45th minute that I don't believe any other player in the sport could play.

14. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Was Cooper not sent off in the first game for intention to drag to the ground, already on a yellow?

15. twixfix

twixfix
    Expand Collapse

Deny a scoring opportunity is irrelevant when it comes to black card. The rule is black and white.

16. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Seen it back and it was fcukin ridiculous, what a player. Another medal in the arse pocket.
    Clucko for foty?

17. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

His point is how do you decide whether he was intending to drag him down or just trying to intentionally foul him and the fouled player fell down with no intention on the fouling players behalf. It coujd certainly be argued in this instance that Fitzsimons had absolutely no intention of dragging him down while Con O'Callaghan was dragging him down.

babbsnads likes this.
  18. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I'm not claiming it is relevant mate and Il be honest, I struggle in general to know whats a foul and whats not in GAA because there doesn't seem to be a lot of consistency from refs from one tackle to the next but if what you're saying is correct then that rule is far from black and white and whoever decided that was how the rule should be applied is a dope. The attacker might go down when he's fouled,he might stay up but in most situations where the upper part of the body is grabbed or held it will be impossible for a ref to know if the intention was to put him on the ground or not.

19. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Matip yesterday.

20. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Good example. I've no idea whether Lascelles wanted to put him on the ground or not,I just know he wanted to deny him a scoring chance.