This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

The New Anfield

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by liamo3, Jun 28, 2007.

1. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Cheers

2. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

3. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

4. honald_tdb

honald_tdb
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

5. stamullenredmen

stamullenredmen
    Expand Collapse

It's coming on nicely, personally I wouldn't fancy sitting right at the back of the upper when it's done!

6. honald_tdb

honald_tdb
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

[​IMG]

Didn't release the view was that obstructed. ;)

7. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

My understanding is that from a seat in the top row a football will be visible to a height of 18m above the pitch. Does that make the match action restricted or the fact that not the whole centenary stand will be visible?

honald_tdb likes this.
  8. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

9. mayokev

mayokev
    Expand Collapse

From £2900, thats pretty steep.

10. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I'll guarantee the £2,900 would seem cheap in comparison to the cost of a season ticket and hospitality for the top packages available.

It is interesting that the brochure for the 'New Anfield Dugout' does talk about enjoying these facilities in only a few months for the 2016/17 season. The more I watch the building progress, the more I struggle to see it being possible in what is a very short timescale.

[​IMG]

I have been following the development for ages on the forums of skyscrapercity got a real laugh there yesterday after this photo was put up.

[​IMG]

A poster asked the question

'Anyone know what this round thing is on the stand facing us? Is it where the club crest will be?' and they weren't joking.

Shels-07, padski08, Fran74 and 2 others like this.
  11. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Found out a bit more its not actually £2,900 it is £2,900 plus Vat and that is based on a seven year contract. The same contract for three years is £3,100 plus Vat. The seats attached to this hospitality are not half way line either put ones closer to the Kop or the Anfield Road stands. The price is £500 higher per season for middle of the pitch.

Looks like the area I posted above in the picture starts at £4,450 plus Vat for a seven year contract and again the seats not near the halfway line.

A box in the Centenary is prices at around £71,000 plus Vat. No idea what the pricing might be for the new boxes on the other side of the pitch.

12. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Some new construction pictures in today's Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/photos-show-liverpool-fcs-new-10708365

The journalist writes 'The Main Stand is due to be completed during the 2016/17 season.' which is the first time I think the newspaper has published this different date for completion.

This has major implications for the 1st ticket sale next July and I would think the credits now will have to be the same as this season. I was hoping that my own thoughts on the completion date were wrong and the initial completion target date was going to be met.

13. mayokev

mayokev
    Expand Collapse

the seating could be ready but maybe not the interior. loads of stand open with it not fully completed.

14. scousedub

scousedub
    Expand Collapse

I reckon the new stand won't be ready until the second half of next season. Our company was sent a brochure and they are selling the club level seats with direct debit starting with 6 payments from December and then 10 payments from the following July/August

redabbey likes this.
  15. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd have no experience of what has happened with other stands at other grounds in the past. This is just my opinion and I have previously voiced lots of opinions on here that have been completely wrong so could be wrong on this one too. My opinion is that this is not just any stand but the flagship stand for the club and one that will I think the be likely to match the best facilities of any major stand at any stadium in the country including the stadia of other sporting bodies, and for that reason I could not see the club proceeding with an opening until it would be fully completed externally and internally.

I also don't know what way the club would go about satisfying health and safety issues in relation to the new stand.

16. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

17. honald_tdb

honald_tdb
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Love the comment from Dean Williams - fcuk the stand we need a team. Liverpool humour at it's best.

18. CHARMAC

CHARMAC
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I don't know if there is any truth in this but would be brilliant if it was true

http://www.movecommercial.com/liverpools-anfield-development-timeline-announced/

Liverpool’s Anfield development timeline announced
    Posted by Move Commercial in Development, Latest News No Comments

Work to extend the capacity of Liverpool Football Club’s Anfield stadium will be completed no later than November 2015 and will not impact ground capacity during the beginning of the football season, according to a worker at the contractor.

A worker at Carillion, which was awarded the £75 million contract to upgrade the Main Stand and Anfield Road stand, says work is planned to end in September but even a November deadline would not affect the ground’s capacity when the club play a home fixture.

During an interview on popular website Reddit, a poster who is reportedly an employee at Carillion revealed the timeline for the redevelopment of the area, which will see the stadium’s capacity reach 59,000. The company says work on a proposed training hotel and retail units will begin in January 2016 once the stadium refurbishment is complete and depending on planning permissions.

A post on the question and answer session says: “Work should begin on the main stand in early July of 2015 and is expected to be completed mid September or November at the very latest of the same year. New developments around the Anfield stadium such as the hotel and shops should see work begin in January 2016.”

The stadium redevelopment proposals have been submitted to Liverpool City Council, where the application will be considered within the next 21 days, according to Carillion. They include a ‘future proof’ design that could see the capacity extended to 71,000 if the Centenary stand was to be redeveloped and corner sections were filled in with another 3,000 seats.

Work to demolish homes in the area is already underway at Anfield. The club is working with Liverpool Mutual Homes to regenerate residential and commercial properties in the area before the main body of work begins.

19. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

#1059 redabbey, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  20. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I can't vouch for the accuracy of this tweet. This may or may not be true.