This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

The January Window

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Dub13, Nov 6, 2015.

1. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

Wouldn't it be great to find one of these players for 5 or 6 mill before Newcastle or Southampton do. Our scouts don't like flying or must love the nightlife in Southampton.

2. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Ah please mate, don't even go there... I'm sick to the teeth of our buying kids with potential type nonsense, we'd be far better off just buying a few million quids worth of scratch cards, each time someone at the club feels the urge to try and sign a player with potential they way things have gone the past few years.

3. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

I don't think it's physical strength we are lacking I think it's mental toughness we need to sign. Allowing powerful sides dictate a game can be solved by a few players Manning up. Character issue for me. Whos got there chest out, who's rowing with opposition and getting amongst it, putting tackles in in this side? 21 year old Can is the only one for me. To many followers not enough leaders.

I think the following areas need strengthening : GK, CB, MF and out wide, re evaluating your strikers at the end of the season. Given the importance of the GK and CB role in not sure it be done in January and I'd happily settle for a good left sided wide player. Who that may be I don't know or care but that would be my priority this month.

4. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

While id like to see a GK,CB, MF and CF bought imo we'll only get 2 players in jan a CB and a MF we're badly lacking in steel atm if we buy any player needs to have that quality aswell as being a quality player. Unless we dont buy in this window i cant see us getting top 4, as we're lacking too much.

5. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

LFC best 4 buys in last 6 years have been Suarez, Henderson, Sturridge and Coutinho.

Three of those were Purchased in January so with a new manager in place, I hope they go big.

It's a different story when you have a manager who looks in trouble or Already has spent a fortune the previous summer.

Garrett likes this.
  6. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

I'd go after Hernandez, he's the type of striker we want, someone with quick feet and good movement.
    He would probably cost a fortune but goal scoring strikers covers a lot of cracks that we aren't going to fix between now and the season end.

7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

If we're going to spend big money on a striker it needs to be somebody who suits how Klopp wants us to play and for me that's not Hernandez.He's a penalty box striker and that doesn't seem to be what Klopp wants.

8. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

9. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Looking through the list , Andrija Zivkovic has caught my interest
    Only 19 and looks a very good prospect

10. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Don't think it's totally unrealistic but I'd like us to back Klopp and bid for Ilkay Gundogan
    Contracts up in 2017

Garrett likes this.
  11. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

Please, no more prospects, I can't take anymore.

Garrett likes this.
  12. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

He'd be a good addition to midfield, although won't be the man to get us a rake of goals.

Assuming we can have (say) three decent players this January window, I'd be delighted to see Gundogan as one of the three (with a quality central defender and a good striker, the other two).

13. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

All clubs are always going to buy young prospects , just better they don't cost huge sums of cash

14. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Think we would have to off load a striker first , don't see that happening until the summer as where I can see Allen been sold in Jan if we go for Gundogan and it seems we have Matip lined up at CB for the summer

15. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

While not idea, under normal circumstances I can understand thats how the owners would want it, but these are exceptional times, with only one striker fit etc. They have to put the cash up to allow us buy before we sell, on this occassion.. it's far to great a risk otherwise (and would be preferably if they "bridged" the purchase of a new striker until the summer when some of our other strikers are hopefully back in action and the risk of being back to relying on one player won't be so great as it is now).

16. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

I want a left sided wide player and make Milner and Ibe share the right.

Schurle, I want Schurle.

17. sligo fan

sligo fan
    Expand Collapse

Just saw this article in todays Indo and thought it might be of interest - anyone know anything about this lad?

"Liverpool are set to complete the signing of Marko Grujic from Red Star Belgrade, according to reports.

The 19-year-old arrived in Merseyside on Sunday evening ahead of finalising his €7m move to Anfield within the next 24 hours.

Jurgen Klopp's first signing will then return to the Serbian club on loan for the rest of the season, according to the Liverpool Echo.

Grujic, a product of Red Star's prolific youth system, intimated that the move was close to completion over the weekend while posting on his Facebook page."

18. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Some articles saying he will stay with us than go back on loan as they are 25 points clear in their domestic league and save themselves the loan fee

19. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

I reckon Scott Dann would be a good addition, if we could get him.

20. Redpip

Redpip
    Expand Collapse
    A Red since 02/09/1978!

Not a bad shout.