This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Ruthless Summer

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by GaryMc, May 18, 2016.

1. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Poxy Auto-correct...ins and outs.

ROCCO likes this.
  2. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Chelsea figure is more like £100m and Spurs about £35m

3. Beanokelly

Beanokelly
    Expand Collapse

Klopp behaviour that getting rid of 13 players like he did at Dortmund in his first season

4. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Sarge done a list and it showed in total 38 left the club( sales , released , loans) and 7 came in

Just shows how bloated the squad was and lacking quality

Only negative I see is Klopp didn't get everyone he wanted

But the first 11 and squad has improved and we will march on from here ;)

5. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Spending 60-70m on players Klopp wants,not losing one player he wanted to keep and still making a profit is excellent business.I know people would of liked to see more money spent but this window will stand us in very good stead moving forward.I'd still like to see a bit of stardust sprinkled on this team and if Klopp identifies somebody who can do that and fit into his philosophy,then the money raised in this window will improve his chances of making it happen.Not looking for a row about whether he'll be allowed spend the money by the way,just seeing the positives compared to windows where we've had a higher net spend and lost players we want to keep,what your net spend entails is much more important than whether it's a plus or a negative.

Colm75, Niall and Beanokelly like this.
  6. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

I agree our squad is lacking a " stardust " player we haven't had 1 since suarez which is sad as we should have been able to but 1 with the money raised from him but that's neither here nor there. I dunno if any players from other PL that were bought this window who I would say hand on heart I'd love to have seen us buy. One thing that's is true klopp now has he's team he's style of players are now scattered all through the squad, very few square pegs unlike previous squads.

babbsnads likes this.
  7. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

You and me both mate. Two or three top players could make a massive difference to what this team could achive, as they'd set the standard out on the pitch during the games and no doubt, other players would lift their game as a result.

We'll talk about Klopp getting his targets, money being available etc elsewhere on the site :)

Overall, a decent clean out this window and you make an important point about how it appears that no player was sold that Klopp wanted to hang on to (altough it could also be debated as to just how many of the squad he feels strongly about wanting to keep etc. .. .again for another thread :))

babbsnads likes this.
  8. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

I'm hoping the gold dust is more than just a player but more the Klopp influence and they what he does with the team

So we're not dependent on a player coming or going as much

babbsnads likes this.
  9. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Exclude the top 3 in that and the anticipated madness never really happened.

10. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Glad to see most of the
    Happy with the outs apart from Moreno. waste of a shirt. Mignolet has effectively been replaced and average players like Skrtel and Allen have been moved on and good money brought in. Great fees for Beneteke and Ibe. I think any decent bid for Lucas and he would have been gone also.

No real bids from any big clubs for best players although that might be a sign of the level the squad is at at this moment.

11. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

While I take your point ROCCO, I would be concerned that if Klopp does discover a gem (ala Suarez etc) then there's a serious chance that the owners will want to cash in on him, or the player will want to move on to club thats bagging silverwear year in year out.... stars like to hang out with stars etc. etc.

Unless we do a serious about turn, both in terms of winning and stocking up on a few top players, we'll be very unlikely to cling onto one if we did uncover him somewhere imho.

Nothing hurts more than the truth !

12. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

@Garrett there will always be the chance our top players will want to go to the likes of Barca Madrid City Etc that's footballers ( Suarez Sterling Alonso Masch ......)

But im confident the owners won't just sell players the arent looking to go ...

babbsnads likes this.
  13. this

this
    Expand Collapse

Grujic is going to be a beast of a player for us, you heard it here first. Karius will be an improvement on Mignolet, even without seeing him play a competitive match it’s pretty safe to say.

Left back is a glaring inadequacy, every man and his dog can see that, the reasons why Klopp didn’t strengthen here, none us know, and probably never will. Central defense worries me as well if Sahko is frozen out, an injury to either Lovren or Matip and we are fucked.

Overall at the moment I’d predict that our squad is good enough for fifth or sixth, but no better unless the manager can work some magic.

14. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Only because LFC ain't seen as a winning club or a top paying club, by the players. So, whats wrong with this story ? :)

15. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Well good luck to them , I'll pack their bags ;)

16. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

That was a poor duck out of answering my question ROCCO. There is nothing wrong with a player wanting to achieve at the highest level, get paid the most they can etc. Whats wrong is why they can't have those opportunities at LFC and by default, are forced to go elsewhere in order to obtain what they might be capable of.

17. byrnetred

byrnetred
    Expand Collapse

Would of liked to off signed sane but that's a really interesting question you've asked about who other clubs have signed that you would of liked considering over £1b was spent,

18. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Interesting point there actually. Just had a scan at all the ins. None of the Arsenal or Spurs signings would have excited me and the majority of City, United and Chelsea ones would have been well out of reach. Maybe Kante, Sane and at a stretch Bailly.

From other clubs lower down the food chain maybe Ayew (now injured) and Musa although similar to Mane.

Looking further afield, the likes Jesé left Madrid for 25 million and Renato Sanchez to Bayern Munich for 29 million are too that stand out.

19. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

It's not a duck out mate ;)

If they want to go elsewhere then good luck to them

Winning trophies is where want to be but there's so much more to this great club than just winning trophies .

Feel a lot use winning as a get out clause when it's the extra cash their after and that i detest
    It's diffrent for the ordinary man leaving for a wage increase with today's outgoings
    But somebody already on super star wages

I'll pack their bags .

20. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

We've all got different views on players that were bought and sold over the summer, there's a value on what you need most so we'll probably rate a LB higher than fans of other clubs who have three quality LBs etc. etc.

What bugs me though is comments like the one I've quoted from you there mate (and they are a regular occurance here on IK, sorry for picking on you :))... what doyou mean by they'd be "well out of reach" ? .... if you mean in terms of the owners prohibitting us from buying expensive players then please clarify, but if you mean in terms of we can't afford them then please explain to me how you come to that conclusion as I think we can afford (a couple of high priced players, not a dozen though).