This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Martin Odegaard

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by IanoM7, Dec 5, 2014.

1. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

All the top clubs in Europe are after 15 year old Norwegian kid Martin Odegaard.

He's been at Melwood this week and trained with the first team too.

According to Di Marzio we have offered him a 5 year contract. Obviously must have something about him if every club in Europe wants him.

Thoughts?

2. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Always amazes me the daft things that people make so they get attention. As far as I aware that type of contract could not be offered to anyone so young.

3. trucker

trucker
    Expand Collapse

What sort of fee are they talking about for this lad.

4. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

It'll only be a compensation fee won't it? Because of his age? I'm not too sure. I doubt it will be too high.

5. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

Didnt that alexanderson or klasnic (spelling) that we sold to a lower team . He signed a 5 year deal in april of 2007 so i wouldn't think its uncommon.

6. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

He can sign a pro contract off age 16..which he will be later this month

7. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

FIFA rules on contracts published in 2010. Rules may have been different prior to 2010, I don't know if it was the case with Kakanaclic.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/aff.../64/30/regulationsstatusandtransfer2010_e.pdf

2. The minimum length of a contract shall be from its effective date until the end of the season, while the maximum length of a contract shall be five years.

Contracts of any other length shall only be permitted if consistent with national laws. Players under the age of 18 may not sign a professional contract for a term longer than three years. Any clause referring to a longer period shall not be recognised.

8. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

15 is the minimum age. At that age it has to be co-signed by the player's parent or guardian.

9. Horan01

Horan01
    Expand Collapse

Reports from Germany are claiming that Bayern Munich are to announce the signing of Martin Odegaard tomorrow.
    We were up against it trying to sign that kid especially with the likes of Bayern, Ajax & Madrid in the mix.

10. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Was on twitter yesterday.. Legend and picture off stevie..their goes our chance signing him

11. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

Sorry just seen this. This was in fact a 5 year deal at the time

12. Horan01

Horan01
    Expand Collapse

Latest on this kid as of this morning:

The 16-year-old is expected to leave Stromsgodset soon after visiting many of Europe's top clubs, including Liverpool and Arsenal, but his destination is still unclear.

“He is a big Liverpool fan but I think maybe Bayern and Real Madrid are leading the race to sign him," said Skelbaek. "The latest rumour is Martin is going to visit Ajax this month so who knows? There is going to be a sale this month because Stromsgodset need the money and he only has one year left on his contract and the club wants to sell him now.

“He could develop to a great player this year and will maybe take the level of Premier League or Bundesliga, but I think at this point maybe the Dutch level would fit him. You see that with young players from Denmark, Sweden, they are going to clubs like Ajax, Feynoord, PSV and do great, maybe that’s the best level, but who knows with the Mozart of football.”

13. midg23

midg23
    Expand Collapse

Strong rumours this morning that he is about to sign for Real Madrid, get the number 16 and has been promised first team football.

14. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Jaysus he must be some player.
    He seems to be a big fan of Gerrard's,I wonder would a last minute phone call or visit make any difference?

15. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

To get him to go to LA Galaxy?

16. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

LMAO :D :D :D

Sadly, now that Stevie is leaving LFC, he's not going to be any sort of a draw for us...

Infact, by virtue of the fact that he is leaving, he might be an unintended negative influence to potential signings, because the obvious question is that if LFC is so great, why is he leaving ?

17. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

Its not that is lfc so great. Its what other great player us there, or went there to become great. The latter has a few,
    The former has none atm unfortunately (world class). Either way, a player of stevies quality and what he done for the game is an attraction, which will be no longer there

18. Con

Con
    Expand Collapse

Agree totally, this will be one of the biggest negatives from Gerrard leaving.

19. Anfield Old Boys

Anfield Old Boys
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I'm not in agreement with this. Aside from the fact that we are one of the biggest clubs in the world, massively successful and with a worldwide fan base, we have owners and a manager who want to develop young players into the team. I'm sure this would way quite heavily with a young player.

20. Con

Con
    Expand Collapse

Are we to 15, 16, 17 year olds?
    I think Gerrard leaving will have an effect on signing players, not long term but for a year or two anyway.