This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Glastonbury

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by TubbyReina, Jun 26, 2009.

1. kaiser_del

kaiser_del
    Expand Collapse

2. Paddser

Paddser
    Expand Collapse

I see this plan went well!

Watchin it on BBC it is so.

3. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Watchin Muse at the moment playing with Edge... did Muse replace U2 as headliners??
    Despite their last album, Muse are the best british 'pop' band since the Beatles imo.. Look fookin class live aswell...

4. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

No the Gorillaz replaced U2,who were due to headline last night..The Gorillaz were terrible last night i thought...

Been watching abit of it over the the two days..Not really a muse fan, although i seen them before, and they do put on a great light show..The edge singing with them was class and the crowd loved it..

5. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, saw a bit of Gorillaz last night and admittedly I don't like them but they seemed really poor.....
    Midway through a track... hip-hop solo... then Albarn appears from the background... arms aloft....looking for a response from the crowd... the crowd goes wild... song kicks in and the crowd.... bob their heads:eek:
    Gorillaz just don't have the 'anthems' like most headliners to get the crowd goin.
    I'm not a U2 fan but I reckon they'd do a great job of headlining Glasto...

6. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

jaysus that's a big shout,i wouldn't even class muse as a pop band to be honest.
    me brother is over in glasto the jammy b@stard,he's there since last wednesday.he said it was seriously dodgy for gorillas last night,dangerously overcrowded.
    he texted me this morning to send him the weather forecast for the next 2 days,he wasn't impressed when i told him.he said they're getting absolutely baked and there's nowhere to escape from the sun.he's running out of sun cream rapidly..:D
    he decided to go in the first place cos U2 were announced,he was fcukin gutted when they pulled out.
    it's one place i'd love to go,hopefully i get there some day...

7. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

I only class them as 'pop' as their singles/albums hit the charts whereas the stuff I normally listen to wouldn't get near any regular chart.
    I heard the crowd were in for a heatwave alright...lucky w*nkers.
    I've never been attracted to festivals (been to a few) but I saw a Glasto docu last year and it really changed my mind. Something for everyone and Glastonbury looks like one of those "things to do before I die".

8. Sim Sala Bim

Sim Sala Bim
    Expand Collapse

Edge is playing a few songs with Muse, haven't seen it on tv yet but should be great

9. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

from what i saw he only played 1 song,where the streets have no name.
    he could've played more but it looked like it was live on bbc when i was watching.
    me brother just texted me and said he walked in to this tiny little tent a few minutes ago and jarvis cocker was DJ'ing.
    i would've walked straight back out...

10. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Fair fcuks to Seasick Steve.(I'm not a fan but).. he's worked his way up the Glastonbury billing over the years...he's grown from a sideshow act to mainstage without changing his act/music... pure word of mouth, he is what Glasto is all about. Music not money.

11. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

^^^^

The man is class..His performance on Jools Holland a few years ago really made him..The man can play some crazy instruments..Great music too..Good blues music...

12. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

is anyone watching bbc2 at the mo?
    some lunatic in a green bouncy ball..:D

13. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

ive seen that chap before on something..I think he was on the late late show or one of those shows before..

There is some nutters out there, but i guess thats how they make a few pound...Id say you'd need about 3 weeks in Glastonbury just to see everything and do everything..

14. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

i'd say you'd need about 3 weeks to recover after seeing and doing everything in glastonbury..

15. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Wasn't paying any attention then he burst the balloon + turned into Elvis and it finished:eek:
    I know mates who've gone to the festival over the years and as BigRon says... you need a lot of time to see everything... even if you're not mad into music or you have young kids... Glastonbury will entertain you...

One year I'll do Glasto and the WC... as long as she lets me:(

16. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

a world cup would never have really been top of my list but noel gallagher was at the final in '06 and he said it was brilliant and said if you ever get a chance to go to one to take it so it's obviously an amazing experience.
    having said that he was a guest of del piero and was in with all the itallian fans so he obviously enjoyed it..

17. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Was never on my list till I seen a docu about English thugs.
    It basically showed the WC as a huge street party with people from all different corners of the world and walks of life, singing and dancing in the streets (win, lose or draw) and people coming together and partying like you wouldn't believe. Of course then it showed the minority (English hooligans) but if I find the docu I'll post it. It was amazing to watch complete strangers come together and at the same time really sad to see how some thugs would take any oppurtunity to cause trouble.

Edit: found the docu... posted it in the documentary thread. If you love football, it's hard to watch

#57 vodkacolly, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  18. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

sounds a bit like cheltenham but without the trouble.
    i wouldn't be the biggest racing fan in the world but i went there in 2001 and had an absolute ball.met people from all walks of life and they were all fcukin sound.no airs or graces about them even though some of them were posh as fook,they just loved their racing and loved talking about it and having a pint.
    hoping to get back there 1 day,i'd recommend it to anyone..

19. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Stevie Wonder finishing up Glastonbury now..

20. padski08

padski08
    Expand Collapse
    YNWA

Anyone register for Glastonbury 2011?

Deadline passed this morn at 9am to register. Tickets on sale on Sunday @ 9am, pay £50 deposit now and balance due around March 2011. Few of us registered and going to have pop at getting ticket, fingers crossed