This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Darwin Nunez

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Ron1892, Jun 14, 2022.

1. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Love it when he scores. Thats now 31 goals and 15 assists in 81 games for Liverpool. Not too shabby at all.

2. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Goal or assist every 86 minutes this season. Every 64 minutes in 2024. Great signing.

3. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Flying at the moment. First goal you would have to question the keeper but not many people would even try from there. The second goal is a banger.

4. sligo fan

sligo fan
    Expand Collapse

There was a hell of a swerve and dip on the first one - think it would have caught a few keepers out.

2 great shots from Darwin and another great pass from mcalistar

5. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Not sure how accurate but just heard that he's been offside 25 times this season, haaland offside once.

6. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

He was offside 5 times in first half alone yesterday which I think is a PL record for a first half

SUPERFAN likes this.
  7. Dzer2

Dzer2
    Expand Collapse

Is that because we were too slow getting the ball to him. He is instinctive and can see opportunities for the quick ball that allows his best traits to be used. ie not having to think before shooting or making an attempt.

8. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

15 - Darwin Núñez has been involved in 15 goals for Liverpool in all competitions in 2024, the most of any Premier League player (10 goals, 5 assists). Elite.

9. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

18 goals and 12 assists ….. if we could bring in someone more clinical or Jota to stay fit ( big ask ) .

I’d still keep him here and see if he can improve with his finishing , offers a lot more than just goals as well
    Big ask for new manager the believe him as his no 1 striker next season .
    Frustrating when you see the world class goals he has scored this season and the chances he has squandered .

10. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

18 goals and 12 assists and him causing havoc is what we see in him and then there’s the other side , worst big conversion rate at 19% in all European leagues so only taking 1 from 5 big chances.

Ditching him already seems wrong imo

Id be surprised if the next manager doesn’t think he can get the best of him and give him more time but still bring in another attacker that’s clinical

11. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

He can frustrate the life out of you, his first touch was abysmal last night.

12. Crofty

Crofty
    Expand Collapse

I'd love to see him succeed but don't think it's going to happen. He's just not good enough and at the end of the day he was brought in to score goals & we paid £85m for the privilege. That conversion rate is atrocious. As poor as we've been imagine where we'd be if he'd stuck a few more of those away? And I'm not blaming him solely of course, there's plenty of them in it.

13. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

33 goals in 92 appearances is not actually that bad when you expect all of your strikers to contribute. It's when you watch him week in week out and see the amount and quality of chances created for him (and by him to be fair) and that he doesn't convert... Jota buries that big chance last night. He only seems to have one way to finish, hit it as hard as he can. You'd wonder how he could be 24 and play at the highest level and take that option nearly every single time... But as I said in the Everton thread, we cannot (and should not) get rid of everyone. If we got big money for Diaz I would keep him for another season and see how he does in a potentially new system.

14. IrishCan

IrishCan
    Expand Collapse

He’s 24, his technique and finishing aren’t going to improve much at this stage. He’s not a raw 17year old just out of the academy learning his trade with some rough edges. 2 years coaching with Klopp hasn’t made any difference to his first touch or link up play.
    He has all the physical attributes to be a top striker but lacks the composure and awareness to be clinical. 1 goal (a deflection off a clearance) in the last 9 games is terrible return for someone who was brought in to win us a league.
    I’d sell him now while he still has some value, otherwise he”ll be off on a free transfer to some mid-table La Liga team when his contract runs out.

#234 IrishCan, Apr 25, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
  15. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

If he didn't have a manager like Jurgen Klopp supporting him the knives would have been out a long time ago. A new manager with no credit in the bank simply can't put the same faith in him. The amount of times he let's big situations drift into obscurity is criminal. The 2nd half last he ran offside multiple times as Trent was about to cross. Cash in.

16. aquaman

aquaman
    Expand Collapse

He missed a sitter last night but so did all 3 of the front 3.

In his defence last night. There was no space In the middle last night with how Everton set up especially in the second half.

Diaz cutting on his right doesn't create much width and salah was like a statue. The midfield struggled get through the lines so its not like there was a decent flow of ball into him.

17. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

He was put clean through twice, neither will register on any xg data because he butchered both of them with his lack of control.

18. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I'd keep him, for what he brings to the table now and for how quickly a bit of luck could result in far more of those chances going in. And that's not me saying his poor finishing is down to bad luck,his poor finishing is down to a lack of composure. But look how often he misses when the shot literally going anywhere else on target would result in a goal? When you get into the great positions he does, and you smash a shot or don't hit it the way you want it to, there's generally as much chance of it going either side of the goalie as there is of it going in the only spot the keeper has a good chance of saving it, but it hardly ever seems to work out that way for him,it's freakish. A bit more luck with his poor finishing, and he's hitting 20 league goals easy,because not only would an even mildly decent conversion rate in those situations result in a lot more goals,the confidence boost that comes with that would see his finishing improve.

But he can't have any complaints if he's moved on. He's had superb backing from supporters and at this level you can't be depending on more luck with your finishing. I don't think we can let him and Salah leave though,we need to keep one for next season.

Gerry and Liverpool-law like this.
  19. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

There's going to be so many changes with a manager coming in.
    It's impossible to know which players will suit his system and who will be surplus.
    Would prefer to keep Nunez and move Salah so we're building for the future.

20. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I know nothing about Slot but I'd be suprised if we're not looking for continuity. One of the main purposes of the structure put in place at the club is to avoid big player turnover when a new manager comes in,so I'm assuming there won't be many players in the squad who aren't a decent fit based on the system. Who he decides is surplus based on quality might be a different issue though.