This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Liverpool v Wolves Anfield Sunday 22nd May 16.00

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by Liverpool-law, May 18, 2022.

1. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Heartbreaking. What a team. 1 more game to go. What an atmosphere

2. £6.50

£6.50
    Expand Collapse

Oilers money can't get them big ears
    We are a football club
    City are a play thing

Terry likes this.
  3. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse
    LFC till the day I die and beyond!

100% we are the real deal been there worn the tee shirt.

winning the league is the minimum the FFP cheating oil tycoons expect but aul big ears belongs at Anfield and I’d say that’s eating them up inside.

funny that in all my 40 years supporting the REDS great times and tough times that I still don’t know a Man City fan :)

up the REDS and roll on number 7

4. bryanod

bryanod
    Expand Collapse

Annoying thst greatest side ever might nkt get more than one fucking title.

Glad we didn't score before them and go top "live", though wonder if ahead HT what difference if any it would made.

But it's always the hope that gets you...

5. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse

Can’t believe how many United fans I heard from as soon as the whistle went ffs some I forgot existed and they lost AGAIN today too, pathetic

up the only REDS #ynwa

6. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

Same as that ! Manc wanks!

I'll add to the 'city have no fans' theory - 40 pupils from the local college went on end of year school trip to city game today !!! Good luck getting 1 ticket for liverpool game !!
    To add to that my best mates son was at it with several of his mates, all of them liverpool supporters ! Talk about torture!.

7. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Will never forget year we lost point too.. A crew from North was on tour on city stadium. 40 them. All kids few leaders. Got offended tickets for each person

8. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Did our job which is all we can ask. City would never have been in any doubt that we'd win our game so I don't think when we scored our goals mattered. By all accounts Villa got tired which considering they played Thursday,was not unexpected.

I don't begrudge Man U fans their joy that we didn't win it,you take joy where you can get it in football but the more self aware among them will realise that Jurgen Klopp has turned them into Man City fans on a full time basis.

9. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

It's all ifs and buts now but while City would have been aware that we would win our match before everything started, with it filtering through that we had gone from being behind to winning while they were still 2 down I think it might have been a hammer blow to their mentality. We will never know. Everything in fixtures went their way in the last number of weeks I thought, including having a week to rest for this game and Villa playing thursday. Plus would Martinez have conceded those 3 goals. Everything went right for the fcukers.

In fairness, I know a good few united supporters and have had plenty banter with them through the years but I only heard from one of them yesterday and that message just said "tough luck". So respect for that, but with them losing again yesterday and being 34 points behind us and a mere 68 less in goal difference, discretion was the better part of valour I think.

10. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

My WhatsApps went a different way to yours :)

11. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

The guys I know probably have enough self awareness to know their team was a complete embarrassment this year. A lot of "experts" were tipping them to be challenging for the title this season. Don't forget they won the transfer window last summer.

red2005 and Terry like this.
  12. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse

:) love this

Liverpool-law likes this.
  13. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Is it just me or do supporters appear to be getting their joy from others losing more than them winning? In the last 7 days we have seen teams win and their fans first thought is get in the faces of the opposition.

I don't remember ever giving a single thought to Milan, Spurs or Chelsea fans as soon as the final whistle went. The celebrations were always in us winning, never the hate I'm seen now. In a club management group I seen a city fan say they won it without robbing the dead. I mean what the fuck, within an hour of winning the league thats were his mind goes.

padski08, Niall and babbsnads like this.
  14. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

You only have to look at Liam Gallaghers tweets after his team won the league yesterday. I think and maybe it’s just me but society in general enjoy others peoples misery.

padski08, red2005 and GaryMc like this.
  15. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

That was a tough one to take... Brilliant season and cruel to be so close and for villa to throw a 2 goal lead away.
    Would be cruel if that was our season over but thankfully we have Paris next week. Hoping we make it 7 as I think the players deserve one of the big 2 for what they have put in this season. We need one last push though as we will be made work hard for it.

Stevie S, xRedmanLFCx and GaryMc like this.
  16. stamullenredmen

stamullenredmen
    Expand Collapse

Part of me would've preferred City to go win handy yesterday and it would have been easier to take. But as has been said above the stats put up this season are unreal and if its not enough to win the league what more can you do? On to Saturday now, just hope Thiago makes a recovery and Fabinho is back. Time to crack out the horse placenta.

mushypea, GaryMc and vodkacolly like this.
  17. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Spare a thought for that woman that was all over the internet this past week for her bet.
    100 quid on the quad

Turned down a 22k cash out on Saturday, and then was offered 35k Sunday and turned that down too.

She was also offered a partial cash out of 25k and another 100k if Liverpool won the league and Champions League, which she turned down.

Her total win for the Quad wouldve been 367k - I love our team as much as the next rose coloured glasses wearing fan but think I wouldve been hedging my bets (or cash outs) to at least the partial cash out

18. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Jesus,imagine being in that position. Take the 35k and then your brain is desperately trying to figure out if you want us to win the league or not. Unless you're already loaded I don't care who you are,a cash out would give you that mental dilemma. And that's still nothing like as bad as what she must have actually went through.

19. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Ouch, I guess she might be a bit more down in the dumps than me today then. Fantastic performance, so proud of the team and we still have the Champions League Final. But (maybe it's just cause it's Monday) finding it hard to shake the depression today. Wanted that one badly.

20. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I’d have taken the 25k and then 100k if won the CL.