This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Lucas

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by muller, Aug 3, 2009.

1. ronnie10

ronnie10
    Expand Collapse

what you guys think Lucas chance of starting for Brazil on wednesday night? Id say he has a pretty good one as brazil are through and will give a bit of match time now to younger players for experience

2. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

Thats a good shout. He could well start as he was called up for a reason, Dunga reckons he'll have a part to player in the Summer, so this should be a big year for Lucas. But Id rather him not play, or start and not finish the game,. As if he picks up an injury we are up a fecal river without the means of propulsion. Same for Mascherano. All that flying around the world and playing 2 games in a week takes its toll, and affects performance,.

3. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Talk about running round in circles this thread has turned into a complete joke in the last week,

Its a thread about Lucas - some like him some dont , its has fcuk all to do with robbie keane, voronin, lord lucan or any of the other spew that ahs been put in lately so keep it on topic and sensible or it will be removed !

4. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

You and others have obviously not heeded any of the sensible requests i and others have put on this thread, people are sicke to the back teeth of it and the childish remarks you and others are making

Lats time i will say it keep it on topic and abuse free or the thread and the people intent on bringing it off topic will be removed !

#284 Gerry, Sep 8, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  5. Ballbag

Ballbag
    Expand Collapse

Back to Lucas.i see there is a good chance he will play tomorrow night. i know he is highly rated in Brazil, some of my Brazilian mates think he may infact captain brazil some day. Surely the Brazilians know a thing or two about a player. Somehow Lucas won’t get the grief he gets now if he did turn out to captain brazil, especially to world cup success.

6. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Most of the rubbish and insults have been removed from the thread, after numerous requests to keep the thread on topic and sensible and abuse free, two posters felt the need to keep going on and ignored the request both have been banned for a fortnight (anymore of it when they are back and it will be permanent), if it continues others will go the same way !

7. jonathan

jonathan
    Expand Collapse

I think Lucas looks like a different player this season. He had a pretty good pre season looked alot more willing to get forward. I think he might surprise people if Rafa continues to back him.

8. Nando's Cabana Boy

Nando's Cabana Boy
    Expand Collapse

I agree, I think people are far too quick to criticise him. He wins a deceptive amount of headers and his tackling is pretty good. I think he could surprise people ifgiven a fair chance. Still what (little) I've seen of Aquilani. If he hits the ground running Lucas will be back on the bench shortly.

9. Ballbag

Ballbag
    Expand Collapse

Pity Lucas didnt get a run last night, does anybody know why?

i hope he isnt injured, would be a disater for the weekend if he is.

10. Beanokelly

Beanokelly
    Expand Collapse

He was our best player last nite well done lad

11. Monty

Monty
    Expand Collapse

He really is flying at the mo, delighted for him.

12. JamesM

JamesM
    Expand Collapse

Yeah he had a good game, you can see he is growing in confidence all the time..

#292 JamesM, Sep 17, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  13. Wayne

Wayne
    Expand Collapse

I'm not his biggest fan but he looks a more confident player now and until Acquman is ready he'll benefit from game time.

14. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

He was fcuking amazing against burnely.The commitment and drive he showed.He was all over the place and even getting forward.If yossi hadnt of scored a hat trick on saturday he would have been man of the match.Also the crowd on saturday in the kop any way noticed this and encouraged him.

Last night he played another decent game for us, apart from a few little slips which werent his fault but when he made a mistake he tracked back and tried to correct it...He's starting to show the form and class, that Rafa bought him for.Would love to see him get forward abit more..

But so far i think he's been our player of the season so far.

15. CHRIS1892

CHRIS1892
    Expand Collapse

The crowd getting on is side has to be doing his confidence some good, & I think it's beginning to show, last few games he's played well

16. Ballbag

Ballbag
    Expand Collapse

He is maturing into a great player, the confidence he is getting from the crowd will bring him on no end.
    good to see the detractors on here have stopped cutting the guy down.

17. clayton

clayton
    Expand Collapse

I'm sorry, but he is maturing into a great player? who, lucas?

sometimes i think us liverpool fans are too nice and tolerant - nice guys don't win anything and all that. Lucas is not a true liverpool player, he is certainly not a "great" player, nor will he ever be IMO.. a great player is steven gerrard or fernando torres, or lionel messi, or kaka, or (dare i say it) ryan giggs..

the sooner we get rid of him the better, he's crap! Lets start being realistic instead of backing our dead wood players to the hilt. Unfortunately Rafa signed some thrash in his time (he also signed some top notch too) i.e. josemi, kromkamp, nunez, morientes, sissoko, gonzalez etc etc. and lucas is another one of them

18. scousepaddy

scousepaddy
    Expand Collapse

Did you watch the game last night? he was taking the ball off the opposition mid field for fun, he won takles, he was strong as an ox. miles better than gerrad or torres were, he has improved beyond recognition from last season. people like you need to take the time to watch the things he does in the game instead of sticking with an opnion formed last year whne he was a stone lighter and completely devoid of confidence, he is in the brazillian squad who have qualified for the world cup and they are not short of a player.

he was our Man of the match last night and if yossi hadnt got three he would have been on saturday too.

19. clayton

clayton
    Expand Collapse

i am watching his game closely, and i am making the judgement call based on what i am seeing now - not from the majority's opinion. i am not that narrow minded, trust me.

I saw the game last night yes, and the game at the weekend aswell.. One would have to look at the opposition. Debrecen? Burnley?

Until he starts doing it on a consistent basis and against much better opposition, then my opinion won't change.. BUT, for the sake of our team I sincerely hope my opinion will change for the better because all i want is a foooking brilliant Liverpool team.

20. T.N.F

T.N.F
    Expand Collapse

well then support a young player who seems to have turned his fortunes around under the most pressure any of our players have been under in a long while. As has already been noted in this thread, he was excellent at Stford bridge and Old Trafford last year. So he's good against the good teams and the bad the bad teams now :rolleyes: Are you Ronnie Whelan?