This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Transfer Rumours And Makey up stories (V2)

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Dub13, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Bit of horse trading going on in the background I'd say. He doesn't say yes or no about whether Liverpool have been in contact, just that they haven't proposed 4 days training.

2. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I think Rocco you misunderstood me but then again I often don't understand myself.

The point I was trying to make badly, was the Henry Winter story was during the summer transfer window. That did not happen so that's now a dead story. Papers like the Express writing in preparation for Liverpool's January transfer window have not got a clue about what target's Liverpool want or need.

If he was a serious target I could not see it happen in the January window so that is why I am very sceptic of the stories in certain newspapers.

3. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Think I got it ;)

I thought Winter story was mid September

Says 18th sept

4. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry my mistake in thinking it was Henry Winter during the recent transfer window. I was thinking there was a story last Summer and sure enough there was from our friends at the Express.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/490157/Everton-and-Liverpool-close-in-on-MK-Dons-youngsters

That was a strange time for the Henry Winter piece in The Telegraph a few weeks after the transfer window ended.

5. CHARMAC

CHARMAC
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Alex Miller @alexmiller73
    Follow
    Victor Valdes has apparently agreed terms with @LFC and it is up to the club to complete the deal... if they choose to

6. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

@alexmiller73: Victor Valdes has apparently agreed terms with @LFC and it is up to the club to complete the deal... if they choose to

7. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

That's a very strange tweet. Same fellow said something similar on October 1st. Is he paddling his own canoe on this story?

8. CHARMAC

CHARMAC
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/10/agent-victor-valdes-due-liverpool/
    Exclusive: Agent of Victor Valdes due in Liverpool with keeper eager to join Reds
    NewsRumour Mill Oct 17, 2014
    TWITTER FACEBOOK GOOGLE + PINTEREST
    Victor Valdes’ agent, Gines Carvajal, is set to fly in to meet Anfield officials to try to finalise the goalkeepers’ free transfer to Liverpool next week.

LONDON, ENGLAND - Wednesday, May 6, 2009: Barcelona's goalkeeper Victor Valdes during the UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg match against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. (Photo by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

EXCLUSIVE BY ALEX MILLER

Sources close to the deal believe Carvajal will meet Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre in an attempt to complete a deal that would provide current number one Simon Mignolet with some serious competition between the sticks.

Mignolet has come in for some heavy criticism recently and while ignoring the likes of Gary Neville may come easy to Liverpool fans, when it comes from club legends such as Jamie Carragher, it should make fans sit up and take notice.

It’s thought that Liverpool will look for security on any Valdes deal by insisting the contract offer is a short-term, but including an option to extend once the 32-year-old keeper has proved his fitness and form, after being sidelined with an ACL injury since March.

Valdes is understood to be very eager to join the club and there are even suggestions he may be willing to take a pay cut on the £90,000 a week salary he enjoyed at Barcelona.

Sources suggest a deal has already been agreed in principle following constructive talks over the last few weeks, despite several reports suggesting that talks had collapsed.

Pepe Reina’s form dipped in his last couple of seasons at Anfield, but the club were also eager to remove the Spaniard’s £100,000 a week wages from the payroll. That is why the offer to Valdes will make fascinating reading.

Liverpool are also thought to be keen to stagger any signing on fees over the length of the contract rather than paying Valdes everything upfront. The negotiation around that payment structure could still prove complicated.

Liverpool are still not convinced Valdes is ready to take a medical yet and the deal depends on his recovery. Carvajal is flying in to sort out the official documents, but it could be another few weeks before Valdes is fit for a club medical.

While a deal does appear to be inching closer, nothing is ever certain until the paperwork has been signed off and an official announcement has been made. Until then, it is worth noting that Liverpool are likely to have alternative options for the January transfer window. Petr Cech, Iker Casillas and Espanyol’s Kiko Casilla have all been linked recently.

Meanwhile, sources with close links to Liverpool also suggest Glen Johnson will definitely not be offered a new contract and that management are comfortable to allow the England right-back run down the final six months of his £110,000-a-week deal.

Brendan Rodgers is well-stocked with right-back cover, with Javier Manquillo, Jon Flanagan and Andre Wisdom, currently on loan with WBA, all in the squad.

9. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Very, very strange. Above story does not seem to be published on any newspapers website. Yet Miller's work has been published as recently as this week in 'The Mail'.

If he had an exclusive. Why would he give it away for free to an LFC fans website? That is what bloggers do.

Said yesterday, is this fellow paddling his own canoe on this story? That is how it seems to me.

10. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

11. bono

bono
    Expand Collapse

I like the look of that Chiliean lad Vargas that came on for QPR yesterday.

12. Andrew

Andrew
    Expand Collapse

My God CooCooTinho will have a melt down if we start signing players from QPR! They're not even mid-table! :pac:

13. bono

bono
    Expand Collapse

He is on loan from Napoli I thought.

I followed him a bit when he played for Universidad de chile when they won the South American version of the Europa league a few years back.
    He was their stand out player in that tournament & got a move to Napoli after that & I sort of lost track of him then.
    Think he is still on there books.

14. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

you could add sakho & Valencia to that....they both look decent players so far for w.ham

15. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Hard not to think that this fellow is really clutching at straws now, and trying his hardest to sound credible. At least that is my opinion maybe other might think differently based on his previous tweets and 'exclusive'.

[TWEET]524482419249135616[/TWEET]

[TWEET]524485831776800768[/TWEET]

16. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

Victor Valdes, who had been heavily linked with a move to Anfield, will complete his rehab at Manchester United and train with them. #LFC acc to James Pearce

17. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

18. randywatson

randywatson
    Expand Collapse

19. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

I dunno are they givens for the PL in the near future either, i was reading a interesting piece by Carra the other day he was going through citys team, god they've a ageing team in comparrasion to the likes of chelsea, unless city invest in some quality young talent within the next few transfer window i could see them slipping back down the pecking order.

20. randywatson

randywatson
    Expand Collapse

With their money, I think they'll always be a shoe in for the title. They can afford to buy for the now.

Honestly. If i was Gerrard, id go. He wouldn't have to move house. He'd more than likely win a league within two seasons. Then he'll have all the medals he's ever competed for. He'd be silly not to really