This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Xherdan Shaqiri

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by RedArmagh, Jul 13, 2018.

1. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Is Moreno that annoying cousin who keeps turning up to family events without being invited?

2. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

If you're Shaqiri you have to be thinking of moving on. He made a meaningful contribution and wont have done his reputation any harm but he must want more football than hes going to get with us. Not that I'd have any issue with him staying,I hope he does as he's a good squad player but we'd probably double our money if we did sell him.

Niall likes this.
  3. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I would be trying to keep him. It would be hard to find a better player even if we get £15-£20 million I reckon.

4. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Brandt supposedly available for cut price £22m in summer. I'd bring him in and still keep hold of Shaqiri.

5. LayneVedder

LayneVedder
    Expand Collapse

Whispers starting to knock around that we’ll sell if a decent offer come soon in. Can’t help but feel like he’d be a loss. That may be down to the fact that I watched that video of all this season’s goals, he looks great in it.

I guess he’s not going to be anything more than a squad player, on the other hand he’s not going to find a bigger club to take him.

6. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Shaqiri started for us against Barcelona in the European Cup semi final. We won 4-0. :)

LayneVedder likes this.
  7. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I think both Shaq and LFC have benefited from him coming in, but that said he's gone off the boil and clearly dropped off Klopp's radar for quite a bit of the season.

At 27, I'd expect that he'd want to be playing regular football, but I'm not sure if there's anything more to come from him, other than what we've seen to date (so he's gonna be a squad player, but not a regular for us).

I'm fairly sure we'd make some money if we sold him now, but I think he's got another 3-4 years left on his contact, so the question is does he actually want to go, or is he happy with irregular appearances at a big club ?

My concern is that Shaq could hamper Harry Wilson's progress. Wilson is 22, has returned from a good loan spell and competes for the same right wing position. Wilson could learn more as Mo's understudy, and imho, has a lot more potential than Shaq. so I think I'd rather see him rank ahead of Shaq next season, when it comes to who gets on the bench as cover for Salah.

8. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Don't think Wilson will be getting a look in regardless of if Shaq around or not. I don't know anything for sure but from him being our best U23 player and others getting into the senior squad ahead of him it would suggest Klopp doesn't fancy him for some reason.

9. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Think if Harry Wilson was going to "make it" at Liverpool there wouldnt be any talk (paper talk granted) of him/Liverpool looking for a PL club loan for next season. Reckon if anyone offers the reputed 25m for him or close to it, he will be on his way.
    When you consider TAA is 20, Gomez is 22 - both regulars, Brewster is 19 and with the first team and from all reports Klopp is very high on him, it proves that age is no impediment to getting into the first team squad at Liverpool.
    If Shaq is happy with a bit part role in the squad, it'd make more sense to keep him as cover than throwing Wilson into the first team scene, where he will play at best sporadically, and cant see him being content to do that after a season playing full time, and plenty of teams who would give him far more game time.

10. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

11. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Not good news. "Out for a while", Klopp said. It seems like yesterday when he was last telling us he was injured for most of the spring.

12. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Niall likes this.
  13. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

Jaysis be fuming if that was an Irish player. Must be more to it.

14. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Fergie used to get his players to do this the whole time. Personally I don’t see a problem with it. We are his employers and pay his wages so he wants to be fit for work. Wouldn’t mind a few others doing it been honest if it gave us a better chance of winning the league .

15. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

From a Liverpool perspective its all good but its not a Friendly coming up it's qualifier. Just seems a strange statement. He's not injured. He's played no football but has been on the bench. Pretty sure if he's fit the Swiss can demand he shows up if they wanted to push it,obviously they have agreed to it.

16. BallyfermotReds

BallyfermotReds
    Expand Collapse

Strange enough this, great for Ireland. I must agree though if it was an Irish player I'd be fuming and wouldn't want him back in Ireland squad.

xRedmanLFCx and Pfoley like this.
  17. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Highly unusual and must be bigger than I'm seeing, wasn't there some issue with him and a third party country that he made some offensive gesture towards? Possible fall out from that?

18. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

What’s the situation with Shaqiri

Is he injured still .

19. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Yes he is.

20. dublin6

dublin6
    Expand Collapse

He will only be back after the international break. Hope he can help during the busy December/January period.