This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Emre Can

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Garrett, Jun 5, 2014.

1. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

The player that had me stumped for ages from the picture above was Nathaniel Phillips between Karius and Solanke.

2. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

Everytime I look I see somebody I don't recognise.:eek:
    Who are the two to Solankes left?
    Was I correct in saying it is Ejaria and not Origi?

3. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes, it is Ejaria between Solanke and Can.

The two players to the left of Solanke are Rafa Camacho and Caoimhin Kelleher.

Mico likes this.
  4. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

Who do you reckon that is between Karius and Can Lionel?

I still can't see who it is!

5. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry I did put the player between the wrong players in another post. It is 100% Ovie Ejaria.

DalglishGold likes this.
  6. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

Cheers Lionel.

I couldn't place him and I couldn't see Origi being even allowed on a training party even though the Bundesliga has finished.

7. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Origi was actually playing last night for Wolsburg.

The team that finishes 3rd bottom in the Bundesliga plays a relegation/promotion match over two legs against the team who finishes 3rd in Bundesliga 2.

Wolfsburg retained there place in German top flight football.

NoName7 and DalglishGold like this.
  8. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

9. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Its really gotten to the point with Can and Juve, and all those "Can to sign" stories that have run for what seems like forever that I just want it to be over.
    Granted I think that it may well be all the headline on NewsNow proclaiming "Major star set to sign" that lead me giddily to a story I hope will say "Alisson/Fekir/Oblak photoed doing the Melwood lean" but instead are more rehashed quotes from the Juve head honcho about how confident he is of signing Can next week/after the CL final/before the world cup/after his haircut.

God just go already.

LFCRebel likes this.
  10. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

No major loss, good luck to him

11. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Maybe not a major loss right now, but I think long term he'll prove to me a major loss. He's got a lot more to come imho.

Anyway, as you say - good luck to him.

While he played for us, he honoured his commitments etc. so can't but appreciate that (when you see how some other players carry on, one they decide they want out).

Irishkop96 likes this.
  12. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Not great that we lost him for nothing but you'd be hard pressed to find anybody who's familiar with both him and Fabinho who doesnt think the latter is a massive upgrade. Italian football is probably his best chance of reaching the level many seem to think he's capable of but I honestly don't see the same kind of potential.Still making the same mistakes as the ones he had since he arrived and imo an overinflated sense of his own talent has played a big part in that.But genuinely hope he proves me wrong,never gave less than 100% and thats all you can ask from a player,good luck to him.

13. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Been a good servant for the club and value for money for the 10 Million the club paid. Firmly believe if the club 100% wanted to stay, they would have done a deal with him.

Went through some real good spells however picked up a good few injuries and usually needed a lot games to get up to speed again. Seemed to be at the scene for some sloppy goals conceded at set pieces when the second ball fell into his zone, he was slow to react.

I’d say he will do well for Juventus

14. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

I totally agree with this... when he landed he looked like a player with huge potential... he has all the tools to be a superstar but he basically still looks the same player since the day he arrived.
    There's not many players that dont improve under klopp so to be totally honest I'm not all that pushed that he's leaving.
    The only downer is we're getting nothing for him but that's going to happen more and more from now on for all clubs.

Moving to juve is a big downward step, personally think it's a move he will regret once he's retired and looks back.
    Maybe there's other reasons outside of football? Anyway onwards and upwards ....

15. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Is it really? Playing for a European powerhouse, favorites for Serie A ,and regularly competing in the final stages of the Champions League

16. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

I'm totally biased but for me it is. He will probably win titles with Juve, can't see them winning a CL any time soon though.
    If i was a player I'd imagine working under klopp and buying into what he is building would be more appealing than Serie A football.

17. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

No it is 100% is not a step down, trophies are guaranteed and it's a club of equal stature where he will likely earn less money than possible in the PL. It's a great move for the player to a top club and a league that will suit him far better than the PL.

I agree he's unlikely to win a CL there, the same as he would be unlikely at Liverpool, they're the rarest of the rare (unless you play for Real).

Skintown Red likes this.
  18. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Serie A going through a bit of a Renaissance at the moment, it is much more enjoyable than La Liga right now anyway. I'm surprised a German international is moving away from Klopp at Liverpool but I imagine he's felk wronged by the club in some measure and just wanted a clean break. I don't agree this is step downwards of any kind, more a lateral.

19. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

The football is getting more exciting but the teams aren't getting any better. Even Juve have gotten steadily worse.

LFCRebel likes this.
  20. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Aye and the Spanish league being so boring with Real/Barca and 18 others helps the positive vibes towards Series A also