This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

CL Final

Discussion in 'Travel' started by GaryMc, May 7, 2019.

1. LIMLFC73

LIMLFC73
    Expand Collapse

What is the story with drinking on public transport in Spain does anyone know? Getting a train from Barca to Madrid just wondering if I have to be discreet with the booze or not?

2. PureKlaas

PureKlaas
    Expand Collapse

I did Barcelona to Valencia a decade ago and it was fine, sold cans on the train too

LIMLFC73 likes this.
  3. Liver6t

Liver6t
    Expand Collapse

TAW have mentioned it on a few of their podcasts that they will be on stage with the Boss lads. Tom Cassidy who works with LFC was out in Madrid yesterday sorting Logistics

4. Diggy75

Diggy75
    Expand Collapse

Sound, cheers, had heard plenty of talk alright and seen Tom Cassidy tweeting from Madrid this week and hinting at it, just wondering if it confirmed.

Thanks.

5. byrnetred

byrnetred
    Expand Collapse

You can drink away, just make sure you don't up in the quite carriage

6. LIMLFC73

LIMLFC73
    Expand Collapse

Cheers lads. Will be around this time next week I will be touching down, cant come fast enough :cool:

7. .G.

.G.
    Expand Collapse

I'm thinking the same, skip it and get in early somewhere. It's going to be mental with no outdoor screen anywhere. Still time for that to change but if it doesn't!

As for the pubs list,all the ones around Sol will be jammed, the James Joyce is nearest to the fan park on the way to the centre but its booked out, Finnegans is near the Spurs fan park so be jammed with them. You can book a table with the Penalti bars.

I'm going to try find a small Spanish pub down a back street and watch it there.

Madrid is absolutely huge though so barring 100s of thousands of ticketless showing up there'll be somewhere to watch it. The Irish bars will be a no go but when I go away I avoid them anyway!

#227 .G., May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    PureKlaas likes this.
  8. Keith Byrne

Keith Byrne
    Expand Collapse

Brittany Ferries have provided an update regarding cancellations - https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/pont-aven-latest-news

The 'Pont-Aven' which normally sales to france is damaged so they've started to cancel these bookings (no return to service date yet).
    The ferry to Santander is not damaged but they have cancelled tomorrows sailing to help out on the france route for the weekend. No mention of the wednesdays sailing yet. I've tried calling them today but no joy.

9. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

If you did a pup crawl of that list you wouldn't see the game

10. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Lads,

One of our party has just pulled out due to work commitments, so we have a spare place in the car going out Wednesday morning on the boat from cork to Santander arriving Thursday, we are booked to stay Thursday and Friday night in a campsite with pool and facilities, Saturday morning we drive to Madrid for the atmosphere and game . Sunday we leave Santander at 12 arriving back to Cork Monday afternoon then back up to Dublin.

Pfoley likes this.
  11. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Lads

Starting the bleedin panic now,

“In addition, tomorrow's Cork to Santander, Spain sailing and Santander to Cork sailing on Sunday are also cancelled. Brittany Ferries says these were cancelled so that the Connemara, which services the route, could cover the Pont-Aven sailings over the weekend“.

12. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

The Roscoff boat is f****d so they pulled the Connemara from the Santander route for tomorrow to cover the busier Roscoff route and reading up the Roscoff boat is out of action till next Friday and I’m meant to be sailing this Wednesday!!

FFS!!!

13. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Terry have yous looked at other ways incase

14. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

I imagine/hope the Cork-Santander route will be busier on Wednesday because of Liverpool fans traveling. So hopefully they'll keep that and cancel the other one then.

15. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Hope you’re right pal
    upload_2019-5-25_22-46-16.png upload_2019-5-25_22-46-16.jpeg

16. byrnetred

byrnetred
    Expand Collapse

I'd be doing everything possible to get transferred onto the roscoff boat if the Santander one gets cancelled. Long drive but fuck it, plenty of wine to be drank on the way down through the west coast of France

xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  17. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Wednesday’s sailing is sold out and no announcement so I’d be very surprised if they pulled it !

xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  18. Keith Byrne

Keith Byrne
    Expand Collapse

I've received a reminder email from Brittany Ferries this morning for Wednesdays sailing. It's only a standard email but still a good sign I guess.

19. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I got nothing

20. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Unfortunately, owing to operational reasons, your sailing from Santander to Cork on sunday 2nd June 2019 at 12:00 has had to be cancelled. We have Connemara departing to Cork on Thursday 30th May at 17:30. We have limited available space, along with cabins on this sailing. If you wish to change to thursday 's sailing, as we will not have another departure from Santander until thursday 6th June, please email cork.office@brittanyferries.ie if you wish to take this option. Our phone lines are extremely bus so may be difficult to call. we wil do our utmost to contact every client by phone in the coming days.