This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Robbie Keane

Discussion in 'International Football' started by Captain_Morgan, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Hasn't he said he is NOT going on loan anywhere
    He's taking a Holiday like he did last year ?

2. The St John

The St John
    Expand Collapse

He has a worse work rate than Mario, no thanks

3. stamullenredmen

stamullenredmen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah balls.ie had an article up yesterday apparently the box gossip column picked up quotes from Radknapp from two year ago about taking him on loan published it as having been said in the last week or so and it grew legs. Robbie has said he's not ruled out a move from Galaxy but he'll decide after his holiday. He's 34 at this stage I couldn't see him looking to play through the break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. REDHEART

REDHEART
    Expand Collapse

Had similar thoughts meself....lol

Would he suit our style tho ???? (not sure we have 1 at the minuate....lol)

Did'nt get a fair crack of the wip at Anfield imo.

5. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

Torres, Henry & now Keane people looking to get bring into the club in January. Jesus fcuking wept. We've had enough "stop gaps" over the years to last a lifetime, and enough of "for the future"'s to last an eternity. What we need is a proven top class striker that can do it now and for a few years. A couple of months or 1 year isn't what we need again. It's counter productive. Might be grand in the short term, but the main issue will still be there and we'll have to try rebuild yet again.

6. barrydoherty

barrydoherty
    Expand Collapse

Emile Heskey is without a club. We could have him registered in time for Sunday.

7. Timemachine

Timemachine
    Expand Collapse

While I wouldnt be in favour of Keane coming back as he is way past his best but I would love to know how you think he has a worse work rate than Balotteli.

8. sully&Red

sully&Red
    Expand Collapse

Sure bring Robbie fowler back at this rate

9. The St John

The St John
    Expand Collapse

When opposition have the ball this lad never did a tap, always tried to make himself look busy but never had any intention of pressurising the oppositions back four. I was at the Ire v Spain game at the Euros in Poland, trap picked a midfield 5 with Cox being the player to join Keane when Ireland got the ball, Keane had to close down Xavi, Pique and Puyol to stop them playing. The game wasn't 5 minutes old and Keane kept drifting out towards their full backs and started shouting at Cox to close down the other 3 )Xavi et al) Cox kept telling Keane to do it but he just wouldn't. So after about 15 mins Cox just went and did and Keane didn't try a yard until Ireland managed to get the ball. Keane was a good player but never worked any where near as hard as he could have. That was just one example by the way

10. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Maybe a bit harsh john to judge him on traps tactics

Some people hate robbie keane some love him
    I'm in the middle his record is outstanding at international
    Level
    He never quite did it for us for several reasons you could argue
    I've met him personally and he's done many a good deed for me and
    His area for that alone ill ways respect him
    Personally speaking I think he's streets ahead of the mario fella

11. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

Brilliant player for Ireland over the years. Don't think he got a fair crack for us and in the end was a pawn in Rafa's argument with Rick Parry. At his best for spurs he was a top premier league player, was always suited to playing with a big man and him and Berbatov brought the best out of each other.

I'd rather we sign a top striker but I'd say it's unlikely in January. At the moment if Robbie was in our squad he'd probably be getting a fair bit of game time.

12. The St John

The St John
    Expand Collapse

I've no bad feeling at all against him as he has a great goal scoring record for Ireland. I was just responding to his work rate and when robbies team don't have the ball he never puts in any effort to get it back. To clarify my opinion from the original post he's not going to add anything to Liverpools team.

13. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

Is this a joke? People are suggesting Robbie Keane on loan?

He wasn't good enough when he was at the peak of his career so I really don't see how he will be good enough now.

There's no point in over populating the squad with average players. We've enough of them there to get rid of as it is.

14. Bren100

Bren100
    Expand Collapse

Not sure I agree about before, Rafa got the hump when he didnt finish that goal in the CL, he tried to back heal it and his card was marked from then.

Totally agree about now, would be no better than what we had sitting on the bench v Manure

15. Kop On

Kop On
    Expand Collapse

I think he played 18 games in a row for us or something like that. He just wasn't good enough.

He was on the Late Late show shortly after he left us and I always remember him saying he was made sit down with a DVD and go through areas of his game he could improve (just like every other player at the time) he said in that interview that he wasn't prepared to listen to advice off some video technician, who'd never played the game.

Torres at the same time spoke of the same situation and raved about how much it improved his game, simple example being, where to stand at corners we had and where to position himself for corners we were defending to ensure he was in pole positon to counter.

Robbie just thought he knew it all.

16. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I'd have Robbie back on loan in a heartbeat ... but the question is, would he come ?

The bottom line is he can score goals and does regularly.... something Balotelli & Borini could learn a thing or two from !

17. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

Met Robbie briefly in the black door on Harcourt Street on Saturday night. He wished me a happy Christmas! Was always a hero of mine for what he's done for the international team. Seemed like a very nice fella.

18. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

Is he available on loan in january

19. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Was his Mrs with him...? A fine looking woman.

20. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

No he was just with a few mates. Funny enough I wouldn't be mad about his Mrs, don't think she's aged well. Having said that if I met her in the flesh I'd probably be impressed!